Friday, January 21, 2011

Title-less... Literally!

Going through more old poetry books of mine, and I came across this poem.  It's something a little different.  I don't have a title for this one; but I'd like for you to read it, understand it, and post a few title suggestions.  Nonetheless, enJOY ;)

Untitled
by Alicia Williams

They tried to tear us apart...
tried to take my words from my soul and use them against me, against you, against us.
They tried to take me away from what I knew best...
take away my passion, my everything.
They tried to tear our love apart....
the love that has been growing between us since I was a little girl, since we were both virgins to this world.
They tried to take away my everlasting piece of dignity.
Use what I said and what I wrote to mark me as a hypocrite.

They tried something along the lines of stoning me to death...
stoning us using my own vocabulary, my own verbals to rid of what we have.
They tried to put out our flame...
the flame that has continued to burn inside of the both of us.
But our passion, our heat was too much for them.
So they tried to water you down and cool me off, hoping that this would be the last of us.
Yea they tried... but they couldn't.
They couldn't tear us part because I'd die for you.
I'd lay myself down in the streets of shame and anguish to be constantly run over by our opposition if I had to.
I'd sacrifice my body for you, partake in activity that would waste away my soul just so your soul could continue breathing...
so your soul could live on to tell the world our story.

They just can't seem to break the natural bond that's between us... it's too strong.
I will admit though, that they almost had me.
They had me at a point to where I was almost broken... feeling torn and remorseful about nearly giving you up for good.
I was afraid to be with you... all from the fear of being seen, the fear of being humiliated, the fear of not being able to love you right anymore.
But without you, I wasn't myself...
the hurt and the pain was damn near unbearable.
So I vowed to take my punishment, let the public see and hear about my obsession with you and your obsession with me... because I needed you that bad.

They can't take this pen from my hand.
They tried... When I tell you.
They tried to stop me from writing... but I can't.
I love you pen & paper, words & rhymes... I love you entirely too much to lose you.
I almost let you go completely because what I wrote offended some, hurt some, broke some, and I lost some.
But I can no longer go on limiting my thoughts because of their dislike and disapproval of our relationship.
Because the reality is... they can not tear us apart.

Writing, you ease my pain, you calm my brain, you heal wounds inside of me that I didn't even know existed.
You allow me to be myself... never judging me, always listening.
Without you, I am nothing.  Without you, I am not me.
You see, they failed.
They can't tear us apart... and this is proof.
I'm back, I'm focused, I'm alive, I'm well... 
And I wrote this just for them.

"I am the youth spirit, I am y'all with the flow... Troubled man, dare I say, I am Mar with the flow... I come up hard but I evolve with the flow... Crossover, slam dunk, Rucker Park with the flow." ~JayZ. What They Gonna Do.


“Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." ~John Jake 

No comments:

Post a Comment